A federal jury has found a prominent political fundraiser for Sen. Barack Obama and Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich guilty of 16 of 24 counts in his Illinois corruption trial.
Illinois Republicans say:
Now that the trial has come to an end, it's time Rod Blagojevich came clean with the people of Illinois and answered the numerous questions surrounding his involvement with Tony Rezko.
[Update: ABC 7 Chicago has the breakdown:
- Guilty on 6 of 6 counts wire fraud
- Guilty on 6 of 9 counts mail/wire fraud
- Not Guilty on 1 count attempted extortion
- Guilty on 2 of 6 counts corrupt solicitation
- Guilty on 2 counts money laundering
Sphere: Related Content