Tuesday, April 22, 2008

All Kinds of Wrong

Ace talks about An MSNBC relationship columnist who brings new meaning to the adage, "Those who cannot do, teach."

I admit that my husband helps out more than many men, but here’s another news flash: It isn’t because he’s such a fabulously enlightened being. Left to his own devices, he would doubtless park himself in front of the TV like some sitcom male-chauvinist couch potato while I did all the work. The reason Jeremy “helps” as much as he does (an offensive terminology that itself suggests who’s really being held responsible) is simple: He doesn’t have a choice.

…So how have I accomplished this? By holding my husband’s feet to the fire every single day of our lives, of course.


She goes on to describe all of the steps she needs to take to make bloody damned sure her man is metaphorically "whipped" into shape.

Ace points out that men don't care to help around the house because ... we don't care about it.

But that's not really true, is it? Speaking only for myself, I don't mind cleaning toilets, cleaning the shower, washing dishes, or whatnot, periodically. When these things need doing, they need doing.

But they aren't on my list. I don't care what the nest looks like. As Ace says, that's her thing.

But when the grass needs cutting or the roof needs fixing, I don't nag my wife about when she's going to get it done.


Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Men don't nag. They just "get 'er done!"

Blog stats

Add to Technorati Favorites