What are the effects of Global Warming?
I consider Global Warming is an unmitigated good, because I like hot weather. Anything over 80°F and I'm happy, so a rise of 5 degrees will be just fine, thank you. Yes, I understand that the climate is complex, and no, it doesn't alarm me. But some people, especially those who live in urban heat traps or equatorial deserts, might not want the extra warmth.
I fail to see why I should alter my lifestyle in the slightest to accommodate their choice of habitat, when they can't even show that all of the changes that I and the rest of the developed world could make would even influence the climate, much less fix it. And given that some of us like it warm, they still need to show that the current global climate is the best one.
But beside being implicitly seen as the cause for famine in Ethiopia, Sudan, and the whole of East Africa, Global Warming has several other alleged effects:
- Mexican emigration to the US has been said to be due to difficulty farming in Mexico's heat
- Deer migrating in Yakutsk
- Cougar attacks
- Too many fungi
- Polar Bears can't find snow
- Death toll from heat waves, floods, etc., (ignoring effects of cold)
- Spreading disease (ignoring the effects of staying indoors in cold weather)
- Earlier spring arrival (yay!)
- Plant and animal range shifts and population changes (Fallacy of Antiquity)
- Coral reef bleaching (but are coral growing elsewhere?)
- Downpours, heavy snowfalls, and flooding
- Droughts and fires
Which is it (Classical Values), ocean too salty or ocean not salty enough?
The Global Alarmists want it both ways.
Sphere: Related Content